There are many things that will boost your home’s value. For instance, you can paint the exterior of your home to increase the curb appeal and you could turn an extra bathroom into closet space. The list really is endless. However, many people don’t know that simply adding a new fence to a home can greatly increase its value in myriad ways. You would think that hiding a home decreases the value, but just the opposite is true. Even if you replace your fence – if your fence is looking a little worse for wear – you can boost the value. Here are some ways that adding a new fence on your property will boost your home’s value.
- It will add a sense of privacy to your home. One of the greatest benefits of adding a fence is that it will boost the privacy of your home. Indeed, if you go with a fence company, like theRam Fence Company, and build a fence that is higher than your windows, you won’t have those prying eyes. Increasing privacy will also increase the property value.
- It will make your home more pet friendly. Another benefit of building a fence is that it will make your home more pet friendly. Indeed, what happens if the new owners want to introduce a dog to their family? Your fence will be an important tool to keep dogs, and even cats, safe from cars. If you live on a busy road, building a fence will be incredibly important.
- It will boost the curb appeal of your home. Indeed, a fence can also boost the curb appeal of your home. This is especially the case if you add a decorative fence, or a fence that has vines, or some other flora. Anytime that you boost the curb appeal of your home – you are also boosting the value of your home. The truth of the matter is that curb appeal is a crucial part of getting buyers interested in your property. If you are hoping to sell your home in a few years, this will be very important.
- It will make your home safer, which will decrease insurance rates. Because a fence blocks out prying eyes, it will also block out those prying eyes that may be interested in stealing from your home. Studies show that if thieves don’t have access to your home, they will be less likely to break in. When it comes down to it, this will also reduce insurance rates and boost the overall property value.
- It will make your home more energy efficient. On top of everything, building a fence will also make your home more energy efficient – but only if you build your fence out of a live hedge variety. Indeed, a tall hedge can serve as a fence and it can also cut down the temperature of the air traveling towards your home, which can make it much cooler in the summer. In the end, not a lot of people know that a fence can actually reduce your electricity bills, which will also increase your quality of life and the value of your property.