Automation or smart home technology is sweeping the domestic industries. Not only do we have smartphones and smart cars – we also have smart homes. When it comes down to it, automating your home can boost your quality of life and it may even boost the value of your home. Of course, it will boost the value if you actually introduce a home automation tool that is actually useful. Otherwise, it may not be worth it. Moreover, you may want to look at some of the trends before you automate your home. When it comes down to it, you may realize that you aren’t ready to automate. What you have to realize, though, is that automation is quickly becoming the way of the future, whether you like it or not. Here are some different trends in home automation.
- Smart temperature and climate control – these systems are very trendy in the world of home automation and smart home technology. What is smart temperature or climate control? Basically, it is a smart thermostat that learns about your habits and provides the cooling temperature you need to keep your home the perfect climate. In the wintertime, it will do just the opposite.
- Smart security – this is another big trend in-home automation, because more and more people are finding ways to keep their property safe. For instance, the Piper system allows you to set up a home security system that is completely controlled via WiFi. Not only will your home be invasion-proof – you can also dial in and see a live feed of the perimeter of your home. Having this type of security can be crucial, especially if you have a lot of expensive items in your home. The harder you make it to break in to your home, the safer it will be.
- Smart lighting – many people are quite finicky about the lighting in their home. When it comes down to it, most lighting has been the same since the lightbulb was invented. Dimming is interesting because it allows you to create mood lighting. However, with smart lighting, you can dim and brighten from the comfort of your smartphone. Some smart lighting actually changes the setting of the light based on the person in the room. If you like dim lighting, your system will adjust according.
- Smart locking – have you ever left your home and wondered if your doors were locked? Well, with smart locking, you don’t have to worry about this. You can lock your doors from anywhere in the world. Moreover, you can answer the door from anywhere in the world. All you have to do is download the app and you can see who is at the door.
- Smart cleaning products – one of the most common examples of a smart cleaning product is an automated vacuum. These vacuums not only sweep, they also suck up hard to get dust, dander, and other elements. Some vacuums even have a mopping function to keep your floors extra clean. If you have cats, or even a dog, these smart cleaning products are essential.